Thursday 26 September 2013

Swatch Test: Urban Decay Ammo Palette

After a request from M when she heard that I ordered it, here is a post dedicated to Urban Decay's Ammo palette. I really like most of this palette so far. The colours go on easily when wearing a primer and they blend with each other with little to no effort. Unfortunately, I find it basically impossible to blend these shadows with any other brand which I think is very strange but that aside, I do really like UD eye shadows.

One thing I like about this palette especially is that it has the shadow sin included. I've been dying to get my hands on this shadow since I first bought the primer and I love the two together. Blending sin in with a darker neutral colour like smog (also in this palette) makes for a great work appropriate look for the day. The palette also features shadows like last call and grifter which are fun and interesting for an after hours look.

Anyway, without any further delay, here is the palette:


In general, I prefer shimmery shadows and not sparkly ones. I have another sparkly UD shadow and I find that it gets glitter everywhere which is incredibly annoying. That being said, I doubt I'll ever actually use oil slick or maui wowie. For reference's sake, I took a picture of my really pale arm so that you can see exactly what the colours are in the swatch test. 


The shades go as follows on my arm:
smog
mildew
oil slick
last call
chopper
maui wowie
shattered
polyester bride (which you can just barely see because I really am that white)
grifter
sin


Obviously these shades will turn out differently with a primer and on different skin tones. But there you have it, ladies and gentlemen, Urban Decay's Ammo Palette.





2 comments:

  1. I'd use Oil Slick as an eyeliner, and Maui Wowie would be a super-pretty highlighter for the browbone or even the cheeks. Awesome palette!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are definitely good ideas. I might try out the eyeliner idea. Glitter and I don't generally get along but maybe if I wet it, I can force it into submission.

      Delete