Wednesday 20 November 2013

New Things!

I went on a trip this past weekend to Toronto to see Les Miserables and to visit my dad and ended up coming home with a bag full of makeup. I know I haven't updated too much lately due to a combination of frustration over foundations, my poor little sick kitty and business at work but I was so excited that I get to try all of these I just had to post about my loot bag!

My step mom's daughter in law works at a drugstore chain as a general manager in the beauty boutique and she'd just returned from a convention, I believe, when I ran into her at my dad's condo. She asked me if I needed anything and to be completely honest, I don't so I said so. She said she was still going to make me up a little gift bag because she had so much stuff lying around. I will never say no to free makeup, ever, so of course I thanked her and went on my way, since my dad wanted to show me around. When I got back, there was not a small gift bag, but this is what I found on the counter:



 I wish I had been able to thank her in person, but she and my step brother had already left for the mall. When I finally got back to my dad's, my step mom gave me even more. This is what I ended up with:


Currently, I am testing out the Korres Pomegranite Toner and the Cover FX Anti Aging Primer. I know that I'm only 27 but the wrinkles are coming! So far, the primer paired with my new Bobbi Brown foundation seems to be keeping those pesky fine lines at bay. I'm also using the Preven's Makeup Removing Wipes but I'm not overly fond of the smell since it's floral and I've never been a fan of those sickly sweet kind of scents. It's only been a couple days but so far the other two are working for me, will update if I realise otherwise.

Despite being given this pile of products, I still managed to spend about $150 at Sephora.



I got colour matched (again!) and picked up Bobbi Brown's Long Wear Even Finish foundation in Porcelain which is miraculously a shade down from the lightest, Alabaster. It seems to match me so far, but I have been fooled before; it doesn't quite have the coverage necessary, but I'm beginning to think that I need to take what I can get. Because of my friend M's blog here, I picked up Urban Decay's De-Slick Mattifying Powder and after three days of use, I'm in love~ I work 9 hour days and my makeup stays matte and dry all day. This has never ever happened before, not even with the Marcelle powder that I posted about previously. I am actually very happy despite the $38 price tag. I also picked up Kat Von D's Liquid Love Lipstick in Jeffree since I don't have anything that bright pink colour and Urban Decay's Lip Junkie in Naked since I got a sample sized one and loved it. I've used the MAKE UP FOR EVER Sens'eyes before and it's fine, so I picked up another small one to replace the one I'd used up.

Hopefully things have calmed down enough on the home front that I can continue to work on my epic foundation post and get that up soon. I've been on a search since May, so hopefully it will be very informative. I look forward to being able to post about the rest of these products soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment